Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
Posting Title: Sales Engineer
Internal/Hire Title: Project Sales Engineer
Identify, pursue, and gain specification position on projects for Phoenix Contact products, systems, and solutions in target Industries. Primary customer types include Engineering Consultants, End Users, and Control System Integrators. Achieve sales targets by managing projects to purchase commitment.
- Responsible for project identification and gaining specifications for Phoenix Contact solutions at assigned A&E's, E&C's, and centralized end user engineering facilities within assigned geography/vertical market industry segment
- Meet/exceed position objectives as established by Sales leadership
- Be proficient in R3/BASE selling skills and implement to build strong customer relationships
- Focus on the customer conducting required number of sales calls per week, within your assigned and aggregate accounts
- Conduct product and technology seminars (in-person and web-based) at assigned and aggregate accounts
- Differentiate Phoenix Contact from other component and solution vendors by building “partner” relationships with customers
- Active involvement in industry related associations
- Continue personal development through an effective skill building program as determined by the Vertical Market Manager – Electric Power, and/or the Training Department
- Demonstrate technical competence on all products/solutions within area of focus
- Provide required reports to Vertical Market Manager – Electric Power as requested
- Develop and implement effective sales plans across a geographic territory as defined by Vertical Market Manager – Electric Power
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge on all Phoenix Contact products/solutions
- In-depth knowledge of industry segment products and solutions is required
- Qualify and follow-up on all leads within assigned territory and/or account portfolio
- Investigate, uncover, and communicate all necessary and pertinent information required for specifying, tracking and closing project-based business in vertical industry utilizing CRM
- Serve as a consultant on all applications and corresponding Phoenix Contact solutions and technologies, including a working knowledge of our Automation solutions that are applicable to the engineering community
- Fully utilize CRM as a communication, reporting, measurement and tracking tool to enhance productivity
- Consistently provide feedback to the field and Harrisburg regarding territory requirements as it relates to personnel, product and/or market requirements
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others
- Demonstrate an honest and forthright presence by taking responsibility for own mistakes and not blaming others, and by doing what he / she commits to doing
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business and express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance or support
- Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and being open minded and curious in the face of new challenges.
- Four-year degree. Engineering/technical focus degree preferred.
- 3+ years in sales, marketing or business development role.
- Experience in the Electric Power sector a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Phoenix Contact’s business and service solutions.
- Proficient with a computer and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Polished presentation skills a must.
- Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
- Initiative – the understanding of what action needs to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others.
- Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) – taking personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is honest and forthright.
- Collaboration – works as a team player to make a difference within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance and support
- Willingness to Learn – handles change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious to face new challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel via airplane.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate an automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs (sample, demos, literature)
- Must be able to travel overnight + 40% as dictated by assigned territory.
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Punctuality in all aspect is required.
- Timely reporting of expenses, sales call activity, and opportunity tracking (not to exceed two weeks).
- Attendance in accordance with company policies and participation in local, regional, and (inter)national meetings.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.