Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Automation Sales Engineer (ASE) is responsible for executing the sales and marketing plans; including, technical sales support for the automation portfolio for their assigned sales geography. They should be especially proficient in the technical sales and support of managed networking products and technologies.
- Work with their regional sales manager and other stakeholders to develop sales growth plans for Automation products within their responsible territory.
- Work independently to prospect and develop new automation product, system and solution business opportunities utilizing consultative sales skills within the territory.
- Take technical direction from the Automation Marketing leadership team.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise on managed network infrastructure including layer 3 switching and cybersecurity for sales resources in your region.
- Meet/exceed sales growth objectives as established by your Industrial Regional Sales Manager.
- Focus on the customer by averaging a minimum of 12 to 16 sales calls/Seminars per week, with at least 50% to targeted, assigned accounts.
- Active involvement in industry related associations, as well as distributor, and customer events.
- Demonstrate technical competence on all products/solutions within area of focus.
- Work independently to manage and develop channel partners through utilization of joint sales activities, trainings and mutual action plans.
- Assist in the sales promotion and technical support of Professional Solutions and Services including end to end solutions, “combinations” (panel assemblies), and Network Engineering Services..
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business and express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance or support.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Automation technologies including control, communications, networking, and safety.
- Experience with sales or support in an IT environment preferred
- Four-year degree required. Engineering degree preferred.
- 3+ years outside sales experience required.
- Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal and listening.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Electrical/electronic industry sales experience preferred.
- Experience in working with distributors preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to travel via airplane.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate an automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs (sample, demos, literature)
- Must be able to travel overnight 35% + or as dictated by assigned territory.
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Punctuality in all aspect is required.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.