Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The BDAE will provide technical, hands-on expertise to support new business opportunities for the M&I catalog products and customer specific solutions. The BDAE will collaborate with regional sales managers, field sales engineers and channel partners to develop customer relationships. The BDAE will utilize a consultative approach with all customers to support their individual needs and expand M&I market penetration.
This is a regional role responsible for NY, MA, CT, RI, NH, VT & ME.
- Meet sales quotas and agreed upon annual activity established by the Product Manager for Marking & Installation products within their assigned regional geography. Wire and equipment roll materials growth will be a key focus.
- Demonstrate competence in R3/BASE skills to address customer needs, convert competitive opportunities and drive optimum results for Phoenix Contact.
- Participate in joint customer visits, with a major focus on doing independent calls.
- Develop relationships with the shop floor leaders, and build collaborative relationships with sales engineers, sales managers and local distributor personnel.
- Explore other market opportunities not currently a focus for the regional sales team.
- Develop and maintain a high level of market knowledge i.e. market pricing, competitor offerings, channel and sales strategies.
- Document all customer visits using Pivotal (CRM); demonstrate ability to analyze CRM report data to create effective customer sales call planning.
- Provide Phoenix Contact customers with on-site pre and post-sales technical support, start-up assistance, and training to insure successful specification and implementation of Phoenix Contact M&I solutions. Our goal is “excellence by service”, which is enhanced by doing shop floor productivity walk-throughs and driving the company van equipped with materials and devices to support the customer sales call.
- Deliver professional customer and distributor training, product demonstrations and presentations to create awareness, generate interest, and cultivate customer and distributor desire for the M&I product line.
- Participate in PHC050 or other training events and regional trade shows as required in their region of responsibility.
- Be proficient with CLIP PROJECT advanced marking software and the application of focus products. Conduct training for customers and channel partners, as required.
- Provide monthly report with opportunity and competitor updates to the PMM.
- Effectively communicate opportunities and issues to the PMM, Regional Sales Managers, and sales engineers.
- Participate in implementation of marketing plans, programs and focused sales initiatives.
- Provide recommendation to PMM and Regional Sales Manager for distributor stocking plan/contracts to support new conversion customer wins.
- Participate in quarterly update with Regional Sales Manager(s) and PMM to review tactical plans for open opportunity conversion, highlight deliverables and timelines. Provide insight on channel or competitor position which would inhibit success.
- Suggest marketing sales tools and support programs directed at field sales and authorized distributors.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the perspective of others as required.
- Demonstrate an honest and forthright presence by taking responsibility for own mistakes and not blaming others and by doing what he / she commits to doing.
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business and express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance or support.
- Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and being open minded and curious in the face of new challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical discipline.
- Two years previous sales or marketing experience with electrical/electronic products.
- Ability to work independently from home office and communicate effectively with colleagues with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Competence with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
- Initiative – the understanding of what action needs to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others.
- Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) – taking personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is honest and forthright.
- Collaboration – works as a team player to make a difference within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance and support
- Willingness to Learn – handles change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious to face new challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Travel required, more than 50% to be expected in territory.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to ride in a car for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to travel by air for trips up to 12 hours.
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Timely reporting of expenses and activity.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.