Senior Analyst, Project Management (Market Access) - Project Manager
Putnam PHMR is looking to hire a Senior Analyst, Project Management to join our growing Market Access team. This is a role that presents opportunities to contribute to project management and administration that helps to grow our business. In this role, you will be managing non-technical aspects of some of our largest market access projects to ensure ongoing high levels of satisfaction among our internal and external stakeholders.
Among other responsibilities, you will be working with the strategic and scientific project leads to assist in resourcing projects, monitoring project resourcing and managing project finances, and organising key meetings and activities. This will involve liaising with clients and leading scientific experts from across the globe. You will also develop and maintain systems to effectively manage external vendors. You will also work closely with internal stakeholders across the Market Access group, as well as the wider organisation.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of advisory boards and similar meetings
- Supporting the market access leadership team on the smooth operation of project planning and key account management
- Active liaison with project teams to update timelines throughout projects and maintain communications with the client (either directly or indirectly) to ensure expectations are always aligned with key deliverables and outcomes
- Ensure internal communication is maintained on relevant projects across key accounts
- Documenting and managing statements of work, project budgets, invoicing, and PO number tracking
- Support in maintaining up-to-date data on our internal financial recognition software (FinancialForce), including adding assignments, updating records, extracting data on resource use, alerting project leads on how we are tracking vs budget
- Key document collation on SharePoint and other internal forums including checking and updating files (e.g., case studies, project deliverables and interim versions, materials from client)
- Supporting project teams, where appropriate, in developing meeting minutes, project status reports and transcription of advisory boards and expert interviews
- Supporting Putnam’s market research team to enhance and maintain systems for managing external vendors, as well as liaising with and contracting external experts and maintaining a record of all engagements (ensuring records are compliant with GDPR standards)
Desired Skills and Experience
Functional technical expertise
- Ability to manage accounts consisting of multiple project streams, to monitor project timelines and to coordinate across multiple project teams.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members and wider stakeholders across Putnam PHMR/Putnam, clients, external experts, and vendors around the world
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience, including experience with at least one recognized project management software (e.g., MS Project)
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills necessary for building and sustaining relationships, as well as sharing information clearly (including with those for whom English is not a first language)
- Ability to coordinate multiple calendars and utilise scheduling software to organize meetings at convenient times with minimal back and forth
- Ability to work with templates, policies, and support from the legal team to develop and execute compliant contracts
- Knowledge of industry codes of practice is strongly desirable (ABPI, EFPIA, IFPMA)
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in problem solving with the ability to ask the right questions, independently seek answers and proactively think ahead to prevent issues from arising
- Interest in continuously improving processes for maximum efficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing priorities
- Confident user of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint)
- “Can do” attitude
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale
- Leadership & Development programs at each key milestone
- Great benefits [paid time off, pension benefits, health and wellness, and more]
- Remote, Hybrid or Office-Based Working Model [office locations in London, Newcastle, Paris, or Krakow]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, Medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris; however, remote work is an option for the right role and candidate.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.