The Market Access Research Science team has a diverse range of backgrounds, including clinical trial specialists, laboratory scientists (from both academia and industry), teachers, and health economics and outcomes researchers. We share the ability to analyze and present complex scientific information in an accessible way and have excellent scientific communication skills. In this role you will work to obtain market access and reimbursement for their products, pharmaceutical companies must develop comprehensive evidence packages that clearly demonstrate the value of the product. Market Access Research Scientists work in collaboration with companies to ensure optimal reimbursement outcomes by generating evidence and developing value communications in the field of health economics, including disease burden, clinical trials, health-related quality of life and cost-effectiveness evaluations.
We develop a broad range of materials and are involved in all stages of the market access process, from data identification and analysis to report writing and the development of slide decks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Functional technical expertise
As a Market Access Analyst at PHMR, you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects and will be expected to support any of the following:
- Conducting and writing systematic and pragmatic literature reviews of:
- Clinical trial data
- Impact of disease on patient health and quality of life
- Economic impact of disease
- Conducting reviews of Health Technology Assessments of existing drugs
- Medical writing, including preparation of manuscripts on a range of topics for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Preparing materials to support product value, including value dossiers and value messages
- Production of proposals in response to client requests for proposals
- PhD in life sciences or MSc with 2+ years experience.
- Demonstrable interest in medical and/or scientific communication
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of written work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-player
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Experience of medical/scientific communication, health economics and outcomes research
- Experience of consultancy environment
- Experience of client-facing role
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale
- Leadership & Development programs at each key milestone
- Great benefits [paid time off, pension benefits, health and wellness, and more]
- This posting is for an opening in Poland.
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.