We are seeking an ambitious individual with a background in copy editing to join our highly talented team.
This role will suit a talented and ambitious individual who wants to further their career in copy editing in a dynamic and collegial environment. The focus of the role will be copy editing client-facing reports, presentations for scientific conferences, articles for publication in scientific and economic journals, and documents for submission to government bodies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Based in London or Newcastle (UK), our editors help our scientists from around the world to ensure their documents adhere to the international standards of written English. They edit projects including, but not limited to, study protocols, research reports, and presentations for clients and regulatory agencies, as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Editing for clarity, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling, internal consistency, formatting, and adherence to approved style
- Correcting EndNote references
- Coordinating with project managers and other team members about timing
- Communicating with line manager about issues regarding quality, deadlines, and other potential barriers to client expectations
Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Rewriting surveys and informed consent materials to make the reading level appropriate for the public
- Assisting in training new members of staff on editorial processes, style, and the use of EndNote
- Contributing to the ongoing development of internal training and reference materials
Desired Skills and Experience
Functional technical expertise and work experience
- Degree in English, journalism, communications, or comparable subject
- Five or more years as a full-time copy editor in medical or health economic publishing, publication planning, or market access communications
- Three or more years on major account(s) in a consultancy or agency setting strongly preferred
- Command of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Familiarity with reference management software (e.g., EndNote)
- Excellent attention to detail
What we offer you!
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life
- Competitive compensation and great benefits
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment
- We have an opening in either London or Paris [please select office preference during application process]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.