The Consultant, Real World Evidence and Data Analytics position offers the opportunity to guide the development of evidence generation strategies that improve patient access to emerging medical technologies.
The successful candidate will join our growing team and play a key role in the acquisition, planning and management of Putnam PHMR research projects across a wide range of methodological and therapeutic areas, including oncology, infectious disease, cardiovascular disease, diagnostics, and neurological disorders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of research questions, study protocols and statistical analysis plans for health economic and real-world evidence generation activities
- Lead and/or coordinate the management and analysis of real-world datasets to derive clinically and economically meaningful outputs
- Lead and contribute to the development of novel approaches to generate evidence to overcome current challenges in health technology assessment and market access
- Lead proactive business development activities including proposal development and client relationship building
- Independently manage assigned projects developing project outlines, scheduling interim deliverables and meeting final delivery dates
- Develop and prepare abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for internal and external projects
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of SOPs and quality management documents
- Lead or contribute to the writing of study reports and manuscripts
- Manage and mentor junior staff in developing their methodological expertise
Desired Skills and Experience
Functional technical expertise
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, economics, statistics or a related discipline
- 5+ years post graduate experience in HEOR, market access or other aspects of drug development
- 2+ years post graduate experience designing and executing real world evidence generation activities to support HEOR, market access or other aspects of drug development
- Statistical programming experience in SAS, Stata, or R
- Experience working with large electronic health record datasets (e.g. CPRD, THIN, HES, etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage and juggle between multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality results
- Project budgeting skills
- Effective team management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-experts
- Excellent command of English, oral and written
- Knowledge of basic principles of economics, HEOR and market access in key world markets
- Experience in planning and executing indirect treatment comparisons
- Experience planning and carrying out systematic reviews
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals and abstracts in scientific conferences
- Familiarity with economic modelling methodology
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale
- Leadership & Development programs at each key milestone
- Hybrid working model [offices in both London and Newcastle]
- Great benefits [paid time off, pension benefits, health and wellness, and more]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.