Putnam PHMR is seeking to hire a Director of Real-World Evidence [RWE].
This role offers the opportunity to join a global team of more than 40 epidemiologists, statisticians and economists. Our team works together to design and execute strategically and scientifically robust analyses utilising a variety of local and global real-world data sources. As a senior individual in our RWE and data analytics team you will play a key role in overseeing the acquisition and delivery of work, in ensuring our work meets the commercial and scientific needs of our clients and in contributing to the strategic direction of the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead or contribute to business development activities including proposal development and client relationship building
- Oversee or lead the design of RWE studies, propose methodological solutions to address a research question
- Oversee or lead the preparation of study documents, including protocol, statistical analysis plan and report
- Oversee or lead the management and analysis of real-world datasets to derive clinically and economically meaningful outputs
- Oversee or lead the development of publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Lead the preparation and delivery of presentations to clients
- Oversee or lead the management of assigned projects, including the management of project teams, clients, schedules and budgets
- Line management/mentoring of staff
- Lead internal training programs and operational improvements
- Oversee or lead the development of novel methodological approaches in RWE
Desired Skills and Experience
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, economics, statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- 8+ years minimum related work experience
- Extensive statistical programming experience in SAS, Stata, or R
- Expert understanding and first-hand experience of claims and electronic medical record data
- Excellent understanding of epidemiological concepts and methods
- Excellent understanding of methodological guidelines for RWE generation
- In-depth knowledge of HEOR methods
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Team-oriented mind-set
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in English
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality results
- Ability to effectively manage and juggle between multiple tasks and projects
- Effective team management experience
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale
- Leadership & Development programs at each key milestone
- Hybrid working model
- Global presence - offices and openings in many countries. Please select your office preference at time of application
- France, UK, Ireland, or Poland
- Great benefits [paid time off, pension benefits, health and wellness, and more]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.