Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have an impact on the product and customer experience while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
At Philo, we value the best interests of our customers, and the prestige of our support team is a critical piece of that puzzle. That said, we are still a growing team with so much to do and so little time to do it. As we continue to grow, so does our Support team’s Learning and Development team. In this role, you will own the strategy and creation ongoing training for our support team members. You will manage a small team to support the vision and will collaborate with Operations and Quality Assurance on finding learning opportunities and evaluating learning effectiveness.
What You’ll Do:
- Set the strategy for educating and enabling agents across 2 BPO’s, 3 Geos
- Determine the best methods to disseminate information to the front line and ensure it is effective and delivered in a timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement by partnering with QA & Ops to find areas in need of improvement and ensure the knowledge gaps are bridged
- Build engaging, informational, and visually compelling learning experiences for Support team
- Create new feature and skill refresher lessons
- Work to ensure that all training materials are consistent, up-to-date, and aligned with the Support Team
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and BPOs to develop effective and scalable training content
- Audit our BPOs onboarding classes (1-2 times per year, per site). Up to 20% travel.
- Occasionally spend time on the floor as an agent to stay connected to our agents and our customers, and to understand how to maximize training’s utility.
What You'll Bring:
- 5-7 years experience in learning & development for support
- Recent experience authoring learning content
- Experience working with BPOs (either employed by BPO or managed relationships with BPO from the client side).
- 2 years management experience
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, ongoing task and projects
- Instructional design/ content creation experience
- Ability to translate technical concepts into clear instructions or guidance for non-technical people
- Love collaborating with different SMEs and team to ensure content is scalable and adaptable to change (#startuplife)
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements to develop learning courses from scratch, through to implementation and post-training assessments.
- Experience with Lessonly (LMS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Adult Education
- Experience facilitating to adult learners
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: Remote with extensive travel
Compensation: Includes annual salary between $108k-120k, depending on experience and location, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous PTO policy
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors