About the role:
Design and implement an inclusive, collaborative, and organized workplace experience in our San Francisco office. Be a people-first person - prioritize the well-being of all Philons while working closely with the broader People Team to plan and curate cultural events, office activities, and company-wide gatherings.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Head of People to provide a consistent and integrated workplace experience
- Manage and plan all company events, outings, and virtual activities
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Maintain office budget
- Serve as point person for facilities needs and property management company
- Collaborate with the People team to provide a top-of-the-line onboarding experience for new hires
- Implement and maintain safety and OSHA guidelines for the office
- Stock and maintain the office supplies, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborate with vendors on various office needs
- Order and distribute company swag, as needed
What you’ll bring:
- High EQ
- Ability to anticipate and react to people’s needs in the office
- 4+ years of experience managing an office, preferably in a remote/hybrid work environment
- Experience in a service-related industry a plus
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- $1000 annual home office stipend for employees to upgrade their home work setup
- $500/month ($6,000/year) bonus for employees who commit to working at least 3 days per week in our offices
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers, and Contractors