Philo is looking for a smart and ambitious person to join our Communications team.
As a member of our small but scrappy comms team, you will play an integral role in helping to drive the company narrative and manage the perception of Philo to the public.
If you are a great writer with a passion for creating compelling content (editorial background is a plus!), as well as a data nerd, who loves numbers as equally as words, this could be the perfect role for you!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversee the Philo company blog in terms of creating editorial content and calendar as well as maintaining the technical aspects and back-end platform ownership
- Analyze viewer/subscriber data and interpret trends to create compelling blog posts
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including advertising, marketing, business development, engineering, and product, to develop written materials including press pitches, blog posts, bylines, talking points, FAQs, and other prep materials
- Manage speaking engagement calendar, seek and vet opportunities and handle prep materials
- Maintain department activity trackers, monitor press coverage, circulate industry news internally, and create status reports
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in PR/communications with an emphasis on writing
- Solid understanding of blogs, SEO, and content marketing
- Experience with various social media platforms
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Ability to balance, prioritize, and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines with limited resources
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: Brooklyn, NY; San Francisco, CA; Cambridge, MA or remote
Compensation: Includes annual salary between $70K-$130K depending on experience and location,
company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors