Philo is looking for a Business Analyst who will be an integral part of our Content Acquisition & Business Development team. This group is responsible for managing partnerships with our content and distribution partners, bringing new content to Philo, and evaluating areas for growth. As a Business Analyst, you will support the team with the strategy and analysis to inform negotiations with major cable TV networks, SVODs, and distribution platform partners. The right person for this role is a creative thinker and self-starter who enjoys working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment. They have exceptional modeling skills and a strong understanding of the streaming TV industry. If you are an enthusiastic person who is intellectually curious, learns quickly, and looking for an opportunity to have an impact with a growing company, then we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic and financial analysis for Philo’s Content Acquisition and Business Development teams
- Build and maintain complex models to inform strategy for new content initiatives and partner renewals
- Assist in deal strategy for content and platform renewals by analyzing financial, viewership, and competitive data and present recommendations to deal teams and Philo leadership
- Work with Philo’s Data Science team to create and revise dashboards to track performance of content and determine the most relevant datapoints for driving decision making
- Create and maintain tracking documents for evaluating progress on content and BD initiatives
- Support ongoing analysis of Philo’s platform partners and compilation of presentation materials for quarterly reviews
- Be an expert and go-to source for questions on the financial terms (content costs, marketing support, advertising, etc.) of Philo’s content and distribution agreements
- Serve as a primary contact and link between analysts on Philo’s Finance, Advertising, and Data Science teams
- Participate in negotiations with Philo’s content and distribution partners
What You’ll Bring
- Passion for content and television and where the industry is headed
- Exceptional quantitative analysis and modeling skills
- Minimum  years of experience working in an analytic role, preferably for a programmer or a traditional/virtual television distributor
- Ability to handle, prioritize, and dig deep on a wide breadth of projects simultaneously and to pivot quickly between them
- An enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities and initiatives while maintaining an unwavering dedication to quality work
- A collaborative nature that thrives when working with cross-functional teams
- A creative point of view for identifying new content and business development initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bonus: a solid understanding of television content and distribution deal structures
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Includes annual salary between $100K-$130K
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors