Advertising Data Analyst
Philo is looking for a curious and enthusiastic Data Analyst to support the growing Philo sell-side advertising team.
As a Data Analyst, you will provide support across ad operations and advertising partnerships to assist in maximizing Philo’s tremendous growth. We’re interested in working with individuals who are passionate about seeing positive results and getting to the bottom of issues.
If you are someone who embodies the responsibilities and qualifications below, then we want to meet you!
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with ad operations, partnerships, and engineering to provide in-depth yield metrics used for partner monitoring, decision-making, and troubleshooting.
- Use a range of statistical modeling techniques and data mining to glean key insights on the day over day, week over week, and month over month performance of the Philo ads business.
- Deploy monitoring alerts for the Philo ad business that will help pinpoint technical issues and business concerns across the full advertising portfolio.
- Generate comprehensive, in-depth analytics and reporting to identify meaningful business trends that inform the business’ monetization practices.
- Oversee data taxonomy creation, set up, and maintenance for top-line metrics suitable for partner QBRs and monthly meetings.
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain a deals (PMP and direct) dashboard to identify key performance indicators by deal and partner.
- Develop optimization hypotheses for A/B testing across partners.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the programmatic ecosystem.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in a data role within an advertising company (agency, publisher, adtech vendor, advertising data vendor, etc.).
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and basic database concepts.
- Strong knowledge of digital advertising and industry metrics.
- Strong project management skills, as well as excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Thrive in fast-paced and changing environments.
- Humility, drive, curiosity, and resourcefulness is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience in data access and manipulation from 3rd party sources (SSP, DSP, Agency, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with the Publica Ad Server is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, etc. is a plus.
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors