Philo: TV on the Internet (TVoIP)
At Philo, we’re a group of technology and product people who set out to build the future of television, marrying the best in modern technology with the most compelling medium ever invented — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves. In practice this means leveraging cloud delivery, modern tech stacks, machine learning, and hand-crafted native app experiences on all of our platforms. We aim to deliver a rock solid experience on the streaming basics, while cooking up next generation multi-screen and multi-user playback experiences.
Analytics at Philo
Data underpins everything we do at Philo: making informed business decisions; analyzing and improving the quality of our streaming experience; running product experiments to optimize our signup flows; and making it easier for our users to find the perfect thing to watch. On the Data team, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable working on a variety of interesting growth, engagement, and retention-related problems across our streaming service. We are passionate about problem-solving and providing data-informed insights for the entire company using both cutting-edge techniques and proven practices in close collaboration with every department.
Philo is seeking a Business Insights Analyst who is interested in the intersection of the future of entertainment and the operation of a consumer subscription business. In this role you will support the business, product, and marketing teams by analyzing Philo’s usage, creating and fielding surveys about streaming services, and compiling and analyzing external research about the streaming television marketplace.
- Compile and analyze data from custom quantitative research studies and create reports for our teams
- Assist the content teams in the development of questionnaires, working with vendors to field studies, analyzing study results, and compiling internal or external presentations of survey findings
- Create standardized reports and visualizations to serve the business
- Manage and maintain data sets for operational reporting (financial, billing, SaaS metrics) at a high degree of accuracy
- Document methods to ensure consistent analysis over time
- Communicate trends, risks and recommendations clearly to key stakeholders
- Inform strategic decision-making and provide a consistent pulse on performance
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of subscription service performance metrics
- Ability to explain and present analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Strong analytics fundamentals – a degree in business, finance, statistics, economics, a related field, or similar professional experience
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: NY, San Francisco
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors