Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
Currently, there are over 60 channels included in our basic package. They include many popular cable networks, including A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix. There is a lot more programming on the way.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
The OTT/vMPVD space is currently the fastest growing area for premium video advertising in the US, and Philo is on the leading edge of innovation and execution. Our philosophy is that the intersection of data and advertising will bring about change in how ads are sold, implemented, and measured. The Advertising Team is responsible for building, testing, and quite literally reinventing the television Ad experience across web, mobile, and CTV platforms.
Philo is looking for a CTV Ad Operations Specialist to build a world-class Advertising organization.
You'll work closely with engineering, business, operations, and our supply and demand-side partners to create, maintain, and improve workflows and processes that will enable an agile ad operations organization to drive revenue goals and industry leadership.
- Manage daily ad operations at an excellent standard for Philo’s CTV inventory
- Perform tasks on a daily basis to accomplish overall near and long term objectives
- Contribute to cross-team operational requirements for new ad serving technologies
- Maintain operational relationships with new and existing demand-side partners, including all major SSPs
- Become an expert in the technology that is currently used for Philo’s advertising business. This includes, but is not limited to, understanding our ad server, server-side ad insertion (SSAI), supply-side partners, audience vendors, etc.
- Partner with engineering and vendor partners to drive best-in-class processes and documentation.
- Use data to drive product decisions and analyze the success
- Identify and present new opportunities for next-gen CTV/OTT practices that are leading edge in the industry that will be used to accelerate Philo advertising revenue.
- Meet regularly with demand partners and vendors for status updates, areas of opportunity, and attention.
- Implement and enforce processes that enable the team to scale and work efficiently
- Provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders and external partners
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Ad Operations experience
- Publisher-facing ad ops experience a plus
- Additional revenue operations, inventory management, or business analyst background preferred
- Strongly Preferred: VAST tag experience, OTT/CTV advertising familiarity
- Fluency in IAB specs OpenRTB, VAST/VPAID/VMAP
- Experience working with CTV/OTT demand partners such as SSPs and Resellers
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Located in San Francisco, CA or willing to relocate
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental,, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors