Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
We have an exciting opportunity for a quantitative lifecycle marketing lead to test, develop and execute our lifecycle (CRM) strategy to deepen engagement with our customers and reduce churn. This role will focus on engagement strategies across all consumer touch points including email, web, in-app, push and SMS to create a holistic communications strategy.
The right candidate loves digging into numbers, is able to devise strategically to inform tactics, enjoys testing and iterating, has a relentless passion for the customer, and will roll up their sleeves to execute flawlessly. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love TV, and want to be involved in the growth of an exciting company!
- Analyze customer performance, retention and LTV by channel/cohort/tenure/etc.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey to increase ARPU, reduce churn and increase customer sentiment.
- Coordinate cross functional churn mitigation efforts including the end-to-end testing / optimization roadmap for customer including concepting, executing, reporting out test results, and operationalizing winning strategies
- Drive the communications calendar, messaging, audience selection and analysis/key insights for our existing users
- Develop and articulate subscriber messaging strategy for product and feature launches
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure we are using technology to drive the best possible customer engagement program; includes automating processes, personalization, data segmentation, list development, triggered campaigns, and CRM tool optimization
- Partner closely with our analytics / business insights team to develop dashboards and reporting to monitor and optimize lifecycle metrics
- Develop a technical understanding of the broader marketing team’s skills (e.g,. email production, internal admin tools, SQL)
- 5+ years of lifecycle / retention, consulting, or analytics experience.
- Strong knowledge of data analytics and tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SQL, Excel)
- Ability to translate data and trends in member and channel behavior into actionable insights, and execute against them
- Experience with B2C companies / subscription based businesses a plus
- Experience leveraging data-driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize programs
- Strong writing and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with multi-channel notification management including email service providers,, in-app messaging, SMS and push notifications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with demonstrated experience leading, cross-functional teams to drive key business results
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors