Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
Currently, there are over 60 channels included in our basic package, including A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS, BBC America, BET, Comedy Central, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, IFC, INSP, Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from STARZ and EPIX. There is a lot more programming on the way.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, ViacomCBS, AMC, and A&E.
The EX Coordinator provides front line people administration service and supports our mission of creating a meaningful and seamless experience for our diverse employee base. Working with the Employee Experience Team, you'll help create and manage people related transactional and administrative processes. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of HR functions.
- Administers health and wellness plans, commuter, FSA, and FMLA benefits including enrollments, changes and terminations Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Assists with the onboarding and off-boarding of employees
- Coordinates efforts with legal team for H-1B Visa, and other Visas/Residency
- Performs customer (employee) service functions by assisting employees with HR related requests and questions
- Supports finance department with payroll duties, as needed
- Maintains employee handbook, files, benefits summary, provides updates to staff as needed
- Track Philo specific benefits such as vacation bonus and TV stipend
- Assists with the planning and execution of employee engagement programs, events and activities
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, quickly evolving environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- 2-4 years of human resources experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors