Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
You Will Contribute By
- Finding answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets using SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
- Generating and maintaining a suite of dashboards and reports for our acquisition team
- Measuring the ROAS of acquisition campaigns and optimizing their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
- Creating and managing multiple A/B tests to gain valuable insights on KPIs including retention, acquisition, and monetization
- Aiding in task prioritization and general project management within the acquisition team
- Providing support to the acquisition team to understand overall business goals, improve reporting, and assist with larger scale projects
- Ability to identify, model and reconcile data discrepancies and irregularities
- Provide cross-functional marketing reporting, data requests and campaigns insights
Your Background Includes
- Experience with incrementally testing and design, MTA and marketing mix modeling
- 3+ years of industry data analysis experience, with solid knowledge of statistical methods
- Expert SQL skills and experience querying very large data sets
- Experience with quickly developing and leveraging partnerships within the company, particularly with the Data Science team
- Fundamental knowledge of agile project management methodologies
- Comfort presenting complicated material to diverse audiences, and communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Proven ability to thrive using multiple mixed, varied, incomplete and inconsistent data sources
- Turning data-driven insights into actionable next steps with strong data visualization and data storytelling
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a STEM discipline
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors