Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
Currently, there are over 60 channels included in our basic package, including A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS, BBC America, BET, Comedy Central, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, IFC, INSP, Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from STARZ and EPIX. There is a lot more programming on the way.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, ViacomCBS, AMC, and A&E.
As Philo’s dedicated sourcer you will focus on identifying highly sought after talent, engaging, and activating them as candidates to support rapid growth across all of our teams. You’ll partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers from every department. You will support the recruiting team in staying up to date on the best sourcing techniques. You are a constant advocate for diversity and equity, and your sourcing strategies reflect that. You will use data to form creative sourcing solutions that apply best to each unique circumstance. The right candidate is a team player, enjoys collaboration and will always be doing what’s best for Philo.
- Improve our pipelines through multiple sourcing channels (LinkedIn, boolean searches, social media, job boards, tech associations & groups, university alumni resources, programmatic job targeting, and other creative search techniques)
- Develop, nurture and maintain a network of candidates that are a great fit for Philo
- Partner with our recruiting team and hiring managers to understand open roles, priorities, and processes
- Develop an understanding of the Philo product, technology, and culture to attract relevant talent
- Regularly track, analyze, and share pipeline and performance data with our teams
- Drive and own recruiting events and other top of funnel processes.
- 2+ years of sourcing experience, including a mix of software engineering and non-technical roles.
- Excellent command of data and analytics and you naturally develop and drive key metrics.
- Well versed with major applicant tracking systems and sourcing tools
- Able to proactively network and establish effective working relationships with candidates
- You are creative, self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and are continuously thinking about new ways to attract the best talent.
- You have internal sourcing experience within a growth-mindset company
- Sourcing is your passion, your bread and butter, and you’re also comfortable rolling up your sleeves and contributing to any part of the recruiting process as needed.
- Experience crafting compelling email outreach and pitching roles to potential candidates via phone or Zoom
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors