Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Looking to join a fun tech startup as an early employee? We are seeking an Escalation Specialist to help our Support team scale operations and establish foundational systems, procedures, and best practices. This is an incredible opportunity for an ambitious self-starter who thrives on big-picture thinking, experimentation, and implementation.
As an Escalation Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring first-class support to our rapidly growing end-user customer base and, crucially, be their advocate to the rest of the Philo team. You will have an integral role in developing our multi-tiered support system and scaling it globally to meet our growing demand.
There are many opportunities for career growth at Philo if you are willing to be challenged in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a BPO Escalation Team of technical support specialists who troubleshoot escalated issues reported by Philo customers. Coach them on case quality, communication, and customer service.
- Audit complaints that are handled by our BPO partners for accuracy and satisfaction, providing language or action guidance as appropriate.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs.
- Research, resolve, and surface unique complaints to cross-functional teams to get appropriate attention and traction for fixes.
- Provide squeaky wheel feedback and reporting on repeated complaints to ensure product and engineering teams are solving complicated issues from the root.
- Analyze metrics and escalation trends to drive improved efficiency and understanding of customer impact.
- Responsible for maintaining the escalation team playbooks including creating new material as new processes are introduced.
- Create a sense of urgency amongst team members to resolve incoming complaints within set service levels.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical research or support role helping to determine the root cause of technical issues
- Strong critical thinking skills to handle and resolve escalated customer conflicts using various modes of communication
- Proven track record of maintaining open bugs and shepherding them with their respective technical teams
- Experience identifying and driving opportunities for efficiency by reviewing process, creating automation, and/or optimizing workflows with new systems and tools
- The ability to communicate highly complex issues effectively to our frontline agents so they have an understanding of how to identify affected users and the corresponding workflow to follow
- Extremely high standards for accuracy, precision, and organization
- Massive Zendesk/Jira experience so you can gather golden nuggets of insights from user reports and escalations
- Familiarity around best practices for tech summary's and maintaining escalation playbooks.
- Understanding of fraud indicators and ability to work with internal tools to differentiate between fraud, buyers remorse, merchant related complaints etc
- Ability to walk a mile in the customer's shoes and provide compelling customer insights to drive change and create awareness
- A flexible schedule to accommodate the on-call nature of unexpected outages or major bugs
- A technical degree or background
- Experience working with a remote outsourced team
- A love for building and managing against reports and data
Our support pipeline
- Zendesk Enterprise [Support, Explore, Talk, Chat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram]
- Philo agent dashboard, a portion of which is surfaced in Zendesk via our custom app for agents
- Periscope [via Segment]
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors