Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
Currently, there are over 60 channels included in our basic package. They include many popular cable networks, includingA&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix. There is a lot more programming on the way.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Set-up, optimize and scale new digital and non-digital marketing channels
- Identify new marketing channels and marketing strategies that will align with Philo’s CAC goals
- Create test plans across targeting, creative, and marketing operations to reduce CAC costs
- Work with the creative team to develop innovative and high-performing assets across all devices and formats
- Provide data-driven recommendations to scale acquisitions, efficiently
- Track, report and present campaign performance to internal stakeholders
- Provide reporting and key-insights on cross-functional efforts
- 2-4 years experience launching and optimizing numerous marketing channels
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution
- Excellent quantitative, creative strategy, strategic planning, reporting and data analysis skills
- Expert in scaling performance campaigns while maximizing efficiency
- Thorough understanding of acquisition marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- SQL expertise would be a bonus but not required
- A love for television programming is a plus!
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors