Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have an impact on the product and customer experience while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
At Philo, we value the best interests of our customers, and the prestige of our support team is the proof in the pudding. That being said, behind the scenes we are most assuredly a scrappy startup -- there’s always so much to do and so little time. Well, we’re ready to take things to the next level. A strong training program is foundational to our customer success strategy, and we’re seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to nurture ours from an ugly baby to the GOAT. Somebody to champion efficient, effective, and appealing learning. Somebody ambitious. Somebody methodical. Tell me, are you that somebody?
What You’ll Do:
- Overhaul our customer support new hire training curriculum.
- Manage our BPO trainers and oversee new hire orientations.
- Calibrate with QA managers to identify performance problems and learning gaps. Work with our trainers to design and roll out content addressing these issues.
- Implement a robust feedback system.
- Act as the Philo brand ambassador and the voice of Philo to our frontline agents.
- Prepare our agents for success!
- Occasionally spend time on the floor as an agent to stay connected to our agents and our customers, and to understand how to maximize training’s utility.
- Create new feature and skill refresher lessons.
- Relentlessly iterate.
- You have a knack for explaining things, both in speaking and writing. You can distill concepts easily and effectively for a range of audiences: grandma, your ESL neighbor, an engineer, etc.
- You exemplify the passion and care of great educators.
- You are digitally fluent. You are happy to immerse yourself in technology.
- You are eagle-eyed.
- You advocate analysis-driven design and development.
- You have experience applying instructional design models and learning theories.
- You have experience in corporate learning and training programs, in building and managing eLearning and online training content, or facilitating in-person training and new employee onboarding.
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full-time salary
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous PTO policy
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!