Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have an impact on the product and customer experience while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
Philo is seeking a highly motivated Customer Support Manager that embodies our company values: mutual respect, egoless communication, a drive to set a higher bar, and a relentless focus on the customer experience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for scaling our global support team while continuing to deliver exceptional phone, chat, and email support. Collaborating with Engineering, Customer Success, and Data Operations you will ensure a fantastic experience for both users and agents. Your work will matter -- you'll greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients and serve as a strong leader on the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement a support roadmap to grow and scale Philo both in the short- and long-term, including adding a second BPO partner.
- Identify and execute opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the subscriber experience at scale.
- Lead from the front. You will get in the queue and be hands on. You will take customer interactions regularly to ensure you understand the agent experience, common drivers, and core systems.
- Drive research, both one-off and recurring, designed to deliver actionable insights that will improve our customer support experience. Follow through on identified opportunities by enhancing or creating processes that will improve customer satisfaction, increase productivity, and improve the ability of Philo’s customer support representatives to respond to customer needs.
- Be accountable for all support performance metrics, including working with the Support Operations team to investigate problematic trends and developing action plans to address them.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights, leverage and consolidate transactional, behavioral, demographic, survey, and Voice of Customer feedback data to inform stakeholders and to identify, size, and address business issues and opportunities to improve CSAT, revenue and retention.
- Manage Workforce Management process for all agents and providers.
- Develop, plan, and launch issue/skill-based routing for Philo’s live support queues.
- Contribute to internal support resources to improve the efficiency of the support team.
- An experienced support leader who has a strong track record of building processes, tools, and teams that deliver amazing customer support.
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior position within a support organization that processes over 25K tickets per month and offers multi-channel support.
- At least 5 years of experience working with or for a BPO provider, and at least 2 years experience working with multiple providers.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic/grit, and attention to detail.
- Experience working for a high-growth consumer brand; excels in a fast-paced environment and isn't afraid to roll-up their sleeves when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a customer service environment.
- Optimistic, curious, resourceful, and inspired to push past the status quo.
- Great left/right brain balance—systems & service.
- Experience handling scheduling and WFM across multiple BPO providers.
- Experience with any of the tools used in our support pipeline, particularly Zendesk and Slack (see below).
- Experience providing support for a video delivery service or internet provider.
- Experience providing support for billing-related inquiries.
- Experience in a start-up or fast tech environment.
Our support pipeline:
- Zendesk Enterprise [Support, Explore, Talk, Chat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram]
- Philo agent dashboard, a portion of which is surfaced in Zendesk via our custom app for agents
- Periscope [via Segment]
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full-time salary
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous PTO policy
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!