Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
The OTT/vMPVD space is currently the fastest growing area for premium video advertising in the US, and Philo is on the leading edge of innovation and execution. Our philosophy is that the intersection of data and advertising will bring about change in how ads are sold, implemented, and measured. The Advertising Team is responsible for building, testing, and quite literally reinventing the television Ad experience across web, mobile, and CTV platforms.
Philo is looking for an Ad-Technology-focused Program Manager to build a world-class Advertising experience.
You'll work closely with engineering, business, operations, and our supply and demand-side partners to break down complex problems into goal-oriented product plans that will drive our business forward and drive the industry.
- Manage cross-team requirements for new ad serving technologies
- Coordinate onboarding plans with new and existing demand-side partners, including all major SSPs
- Develop project plans and manage their implementation for ad projects, including new feature
- requests, troubleshooting of existing systems, and new data and measurement projects.
- Become an expert in the technology that is currently used for Philo’s advertising business. This includes, but not limited to, understanding our ad server, server-side ad insertion (SSAI), supply-side partners, audience vendors, etc.
- Partner with engineering and vendor partners to drive the development of key capabilities and technologies (e.g. ad server and ad client features/behavior)
- Use data to drive product decisions and analyze success
- Identify and present new opportunities for next-gen CTV/OTT practices that are leading edge in the industry that will be used to accelerate Philo advertising revenue.
- Meet regularly with demand partners and vendors for status updates, areas of opportunity, and attention.
- Implement and enforce processes that enable the team to scale and work efficiently
- Provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Lead first, second, and third-party data collection planning and requirements and work with internal resources and vendors to obtain and activate necessary data sources.
- Understand the latest industry trends and use cases surrounding the use of data and be a champion of best practices in the industry.
- 5+ years of Ad Tech experience
- 2+ years in an advertising operations role (publisher-facing ad ops experience a plus)
- 3+ years of project/program/product management in ad tech at an SSP, DSP or Publisher
- Strongly Preferred: FreeWheel MRM experience, VAST tag experience, OTT/CTV advertising familiarity
- Experience working with CTV/OTT demand partners such as SSPs and Resellers
- Solid understanding of IAB specs OpenRTB, VAST/VPAID/VMAP; fluency preferred
- Experience driving product needs with third-party vendors and major ad tech platforms
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills in managing multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in MS Office and Google Suite expertise a must
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope)
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors