Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
We are looking for a marketing manager to lead distribution and content marketing campaigns. The role will focus initially on new marketing channels (retail) and premium add on packages. The right candidate is able to think strategically and tactically, enjoys testing and iterating, has a relentless drive and passion for the customer and TV, and will roll up her/his sleeves to execute flawlessly. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love TV, and want to be involved in the growth of an exciting company!
- Lead the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns across retail specific channels including online, in-store, packaging, and events.
- Develop awareness, acquisition and retention strategies for retail and premium services including but not limited to discounts, bundling, and co-marketing opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners to create, support, and execute campaigns across multiple mediums ensuring alignment with messaging, user flow and brand guidelines.
- Partner closely with the analytics and business insights team to extract learnings to optimize campaigns and performance.
- Maintain a promotions tracker and report out learnings and recommendations as needed.
- Ad hoc project support and execution.
- 2-4 years of marketing experience.
- Previous experience marketing a product/service in retail is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Self-starter and solution-oriented mindset, with proven ability to successfully work independently.
- BA/BS required or equivalent work experience
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors