Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
- Set-up, optimize and scale in-house campaigns on Google Adwords, UAC, Bing Ads and Yahoo
- Identify opportunities for campaign optimization - keyword expansion, bidding, ad copies and landing pages - and implement a test plan
- Work with our paid search agency to transition campaigns in-house
- Conduct marketing experiments and AB tests on an ongoing basis
- Work with the creative team to develop innovative and high-performing assets across all devices and formats
- Provide data-driven recommendations to scale acquisitions, efficiently
- Track, report and present campaign performance to internal stakeholders
- 2-4 years experience managing Paid Search campaigns across major search engines
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution
- Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills
- Expert in scaling Paid Search campaigns while maximizing efficiency
- Thorough understanding of acquisition marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A love for television programming is a plus!
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!