Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have an impact on the product and customer experience while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
As a Customer Happiness Advocate, you will be a member of the support team and the first point of contact for those seeking information or assistance from Philo via chat, phone, and email. We're looking for someone who takes pride in delivering exceptional customer service and can both teach and learn from those around them. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you! You’ll be based in our HQ office and work closely with our support teams in Texas and the Philippines.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to customers via phone, chat, and email for all types of issues and inquiries, including platform guidance, billing assistance, account assistance, video issues, networking issues, and general troubleshooting. Effectively resolve problems in a considerate, accurate, creative, and timely manner.
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity, quality, and CSAT metrics defined for the role.
- Contribute to internal support resources to improve the efficiency of the support team.
- Keep up to date and function as a Subject Matter Expert on new Philo features and support processes.
- Track escalated issues to ensure customers receive timely responses and resolutions.
- Identify cases that qualify as bugs and properly escalate them to the Tier 2 team.
- Identify and advocate for agent and customer improvements with support leadership and other internal teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to tailor messages to the customer in a way that matches Philo’s brand and tone.
- At least 1 year of experience providing customer support via phone, chat, or email.
- Weekend availability: this position has a Wednesday-Sunday schedule. Weekends are required.
- Able to effectively communicate in a fast-paced environment across multiple teams and channels.
- Optimistic, curious, resourceful, and inspired to push past the status quo.
- Able to innovate and test solutions to learn what works… and what doesn’t!
- Maintain composure and calm in tough situations.
- Understanding of browsers, plugins, and the basics of using an online video streaming service.
- Experience with any of the tools used in our support pipeline, particularly Zendesk and Slack (see below).
- Experience providing support for a video delivery service or internet provider.
- Experience providing support for billing-related inquiries.
- Prior experience in a support role at a bank or credit card company.
Our support pipeline:
- Zendesk Enterprise [Support, Guide, Explore, Talk, Chat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram]
- Philo agent dashboard, a portion of which is surfaced in Zendesk via our custom app for agents
- Periscope [via Segment]
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full-time hourly, Wednesday - Sunday
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous PTO policy
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!