Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Comcast, Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom
We're seeking an organized and strategic general assistant to join our team. We recognize that in order to achieve our goals, we need effective support connecting disparate resources, exploring new initiatives, and helping to keep our team organized, allowing them to focus on the most important tasks and work most productively.
You will work directly with staff at all levels of the company to ensure that tasks are efficiently and effectively implemented, while looking for opportunities to improve our processes and workflows so that our team and company operate more smoothly. The ability to keep many balls in the air — while maintaining complex schedules and requirements — is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job will be intelligent, resourceful, and organized. You should be able to creatively solve problems independently, yet also have a keen sense of when you should solicit input or ask for support from others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain positive and professional relationships between our team and outside clients, partners, and vendors
- Support our team in executing general operational tasks
- Plan and schedule meetings, presentations, and other events, and ensuring that those events proceed smoothly
- Manage the schedules of leaders within the company and help them stay organized by anticipating and resolving conflicts connected with overlapping personal and professional responsibilities while taking into account intricate competing priorities
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Manage communication of information in and out of the office
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and route items requiring action to appropriate members of the team
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials
Requirements and Qualifications
- College degree required
- Experience as an assistant or in an operational role highly beneficial
- Strong facility for oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently without direct input
- Able to prioritize well and work efficiently towards completing a varied set of tasks
- Very organized and detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to bring order to the daily chaos
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, process-light, constantly-evolving environment
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Acuity for personal presentation and impeccable interpersonal skills
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Well-developed planning skills
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: CEO
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!