Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
Philo is aggressively expanding its advertising offering to the marketplace since enabling their ad platform in mid-2018. This new position provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced, results-oriented candidate who will be responsible for managing and optimizing revenue from existing partners, developing additional relationships with other 3rd party sellers and limited direct transactions. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the linear and OTT ad sales marketplace. Previous experience with DSPs, SSPs, agency trading desks and Advanced TV media buyers required.
As a Manager (Director) of Advertising Partnerships you will be responsible for:
- Promoting the Philo brand and Ad Inventory to advertisers and agencies
- Managing relationships with SSP, DSP and other demand partners
- Driving revenue through PMP deals
- Developing select direct ad sales deals where appropriate
- Collaborate in development of and deliver on Philo's advertising strategy
- A minimum of 3 years of successful sales/buying experience in the television and/or digital ad marketplace with national brand advertisers and agencies
- Strong understanding and facility with TV and digital media, as well as advanced data and platforms
- Facility to translate advanced audience data analytics into TV planning /strategy
- Skilled in both transactional account management as well as organic new business development
- A polished, intelligent, self-motivated, creative and pro-active professional with strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to effectively communicate the platform’s features and benefits to the marketplace
- Able to perform effectively and professionally with autonomy and as a team member while working in a fast-paced, innovative environment;
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Head of Sales
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!