Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have an impact on the product and customer experience while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
Philo uses Zendesk as its platform to handle all inbound customer support requests across multiple contact channels, including voice, chat, and email. As our support team scales, our Zendesk instance is growing in complexity. We are seeking a smart, motivated, Zendesk expert to help us take our customer support to the next level for both agents and end users.
What You’ll Do:
- Own all operational aspects of Philo’s Zendesk configuration, including troubleshooting bugs in current workflows and integrations
- Generate in-depth metrics reports using Zendesk’s Explore platform
- Drive optimization by identifying pain points and efficiency opportunities within the Zendesk configuration and implementing those solutions
- Work with Support and Engineering to develop new workflows and improvements to Philo’s custom Zendesk app
- Maintain control of access rights, security settings, and user privileges, adjusting the model as necessary as we scale and move to more agent pools
- Keep up to date and function as the Subject Matter Expert on new Zendesk features and integrations, scoping and vetting anything that could potentially improve the support experience for our agents or end users
- Oversee the design and implementation of phone IVR and skills-based chat routing; maintain and scale configuration to handle multiple contact centers and/or markets in accordance with business needs
- Generate weekly and monthly metrics reports for all support managers and ad-hoc reports when requested by department leadership utilizing Zendesk’s Explore platform and augmented by Zendesk’s Explore predecessor, Insights/GoodData
- Manage Zendesk relationship and work to develop a roadmap and strategic priorities.
- Take initiative by continually investigating anomalies in reported metrics as well as proffering or implementing solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS-related field is a plus)
- 2+ years advanced experience as an Administrator within Zendesk (Support, Chat, Talk, Guide)
- Strong knowledge of developer tools, including RESTful API and Zendesk’s SDK
- A strong working knowledge of software development best practices, including shared repository management using Git or an equivalent version-control tool
- Demonstrated ownership and a proven track record of owning a project’s success, proactively escalating where needed
- Able to effectively communicate in a fast-paced environment across multiple teams and channels
- Able to innovate and test solutions to learn what works (and what doesn’t!), and feed insights into a long-term configuration plan
- Interest in design thinking
- Extremely high standards for accuracy, precision, and organization
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
- Zendesk Certified Support Administration
- Experience working with Slack-bots
- Familiarity with SQL (or other database languages)
Our support pipeline:
- Zendesk Enterprise [Support, Guide, Explore, Talk, Chat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram]
- Philo agent dashboard, a portion of which is surfaced in Zendesk via our custom app for agents
- Periscope [via Segment]
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!