Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
We're looking for a digital marketing manager to support Philo’s growing paid media efforts. Ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for media and entertainment and is enthusiastic about being part of a small but rapidly expanding company. As the engine behind our performance marketing team, you will be tasked with management and trafficking our marketing campaigns in collaboration with creative and analytics functions.
- Manage daily execution (launch, monitor, optimize) of multi-million dollar budget paid channels: Facebook (Bulk Editor), Adwords (Bulk Editor), Roku, Amazon Fire TV
- Work closely with Head of Customer Acquisition to drive data-driven improvement to processes and strategies for growing scale, quality and efficiency of new user acquisition
- Continuously test audience targeting, creative and copy
- Work closely with ad platform account managers to ensure we’re on constantly on cutting edge
- Testing of new online and offline channels ie display, programmatic, billboards, bus ads
- Work with in-house and external Brand, Creative, Partner, Business Development, Data Science, Support and Engineering teams
- Plan for growing team with future campaign manager reporting to this role
- Understand the latest industry trends and use cases surrounding the use of data and be a champion of best practices in the industry.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to the executive team
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in digital performance marketing, ideally encompassing agency, ad platform, ad tech vendor and/or in-house at a rapidly growing consumer brand
- Deep expertise in campaign management on Facebook/Instagram, Adwords, and programmatic (including tactics, targeting, and best practices)
- Experience with bulk import/export on Facebook, Adwords, utm parameters, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and mobile measurement partners
- Strong capability in data driven decision making, pivot tables, and optimization
- Strong knowledge of digital and traditional media required
- Comfortable in a fast-paced data-driven environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, extreme attention to detail
- A track record of rolling up your sleeves and handling projects from start to finish
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!