Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we are building the TV watching experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have a big impact on the product while supporting each other in a collaborative environment. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
We're looking for a marketing associate to support Philo’s growing marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for tech, media and entertainment and is enthusiastic about being part of a small but rapidly expanding company. As the central member of the marketing team, you will be tasked with various jobs - including asset management and trafficking, campaign reporting, partner requests and community and project management.
Philo marketing team owns their individual roles. You will be a key player in growing Philo’s paid media efforts. We are always looking for creative, innovative and passionate marketers who are willing to bring their unique perspective to a fast pace startup.
- Campaign Support : assist in the research, planning and analysis of marketing campaigns and partnerships
- Compose creative briefs, presentations; manage timelines and calendars
- Collaborate with internal and external creative teams to ensure creative assets deliver on the Philo brand and meet partner requirements
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing performance
- Work with product marketing to ensure coordination between campaign and engineering requirements
- Community Management - assist social media manager with community outreach and requests
- Monitor social platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram) and respond to community questions and requests
- Coordinate with Philo support team to escalate customer concerns
- Department Management
- Process and track all vendor invoices for payment; monitor department budget
- Assist with administrative and operational responsibilities of the department as needed
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-3 years experience with Marketing and/or Entertainment experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional assessment and organizational skills; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with Keynote and Google docs
- Proactive and a self starter
- BS/BA required
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Includes competitive salary, company stock options and health benefits
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!