Phelps is looking for a Social Media Strategist who will help drive our agency’s social media efforts for our deserving clients. This role is about defining our clients’ holistic social media strategies, creating content that is engaging and shareable, and working with our teams to execute campaigns that ensure a consistent brand voice across all channels.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about social media and stays abreast of industry changes. We’re seeking someone who is strategic, loves to write, gets excited about creating visual content through photos and videos and are heavy social users in their spare time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain the agency’s comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all clients
- Develop overarching strategies that are innovative and aligned with our clients’ marketing efforts
- Provide daily tactical social media efforts that apply these strategies, including creating content, posting, monitoring and reporting
- Proactively seek social media opportunities for new and existing clients and bring new ideas to our teams
- Provide guidance throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely
- Minimum of 3 years experience working directly in social media strategy for a brand or at an agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be a self-starter and manage multiple projects
- Monitor the latest trends in social media to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new platforms, tools and services
- Ability to create and lead high level social media strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrate strategic insight to develop plans that align with the clients business objectives and proposed strategy
- Exhibit excellent research skills to identify key influencers/bloggers and engage with online communities to promote the clients brand
- Ability monitor and report on performance of specific campaigns
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Ability to identify targets’ preferences and create compelling content that appeals to them
- New business experience a plus.
- Knowledge of social listening tools, such as Netbase, is a plus