JOB TITLE : DevOps Engineer
LOCATION : Bangalore
We build next generation strategic platforms helping customers to save money and unlock real business value for our customers and the community. If you are inspired by innovation, hard work, and a passion for data, we want to hear from you.
- Our Commitment – you will be working in a fast-moving environment with the brightest and most experienced minds in technology. We’re committed to constant learning and innovation.
- Our Work – you’ll be helping companies answer questions and create products that, until now, were too big, too expensive, and too complex to accomplish.
- Our Technology – we focus on building and deploying disruptive big data technologies. If you have experience in or passion for Hadoop and its supporting technologies, we want to hear from you!
Are you inspired by innovation, hard work and a passion for data?
If so, this may be the ideal opportunity to leverage your background in Big Data and Software Engineering, Data Engineering or Data Analytics experience to design, develop and innovate big data solutions for a diverse set of clients.
At phData, our proven success has skyrocketed the demand for our services, resulting in quality growth and an expanded presence at our company headquarters conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis and in Bangalore, India
As the world’s largest pure-play Big Data services firm, our team includes Apache committers, Spark experts and the most knowledgeable Scala development team in the industry. phData has earned the trust of customers by demonstrating our mastery of Hadoop services and our commitment to excellence.
In addition to a phenomenal growth and learning opportunity, we offer competitive compensation and excellent perks including base salary, annual bonus, extensive training, paid Cloudera certifications - in addition to generous PTO and employee equity.
Passionate about Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning Algorithms? Be part of a team of industry pioneering experts that operate some of the largest analytics and data science infrastructure systems at phData. Our customers apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day on petabyte scale infrastructure.
As a DevOps Engineer on our Manage Service Team you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ability to learn new technologies in a quickly changing field
- Owns execution of Tasks.
- Responds to Pager Incidents.
- Writes Python code. Writes SQL statements. Strong Linux skills
- Understands purpose of all hadoop services. eg Spark, HDFS, Impala. Can troubleshoot issues.
- Deep understanding of Cloudera Manager.
- Flexible to work in rotational shifts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly grasp any new technologies.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, think ahead and perform tasks independently
- Knowledge of relational Databases, SQL, ORM Technologies.
- Good knowledge around Java, C/C++
- Knowledge in design patterns