EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $17.50 – 21.00/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties to assist Pharmacist in pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Mixes pharmaceutical preparations, labels and fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules.
- Enters prescription information into pharmacy computer system.
- Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Assists in maintaining inventory records.
- Maintains records of medication and equipment dispensed to patient, computes charges, and enters data into computer.
- Cleans equipment and sterilizes glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintains daily pharmacy records, as directed.
- Assists in stocking shelves, checking prices and maintaining inventory.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year Pharmacy Technician
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.