EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $15.00 - $16.00/hour
STATUS: full-time, for approximately 3 months
GENERAL HOURS: M-F, 7am-5pm (may vary)
POSITION SUMMARY: According to pharmacy protocols, ensure proper handling and transportation of medications, pharmaceuticals, patient records, and medical supplies. Ensure timely deliveries, maintain confidentiality, and chain of custody of all secure items picked up and delivered. Daily deliveries to and between pharmacies and to MHCD sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED preferred with a minimum of 2 year related experience.
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year of courier and or medical delivery experience. Experience working directly with pharmacies and/or those we serve in person and via phone and email to resolve issues. Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and eligible to work in the US
- Must have a valid Driver License.
- Must pass a MVR check. Must be able to drive in inclement weather, i.e. snow, rain, ice, wind during normal office hours.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Detailed and organizational skills, capable of completing tasks in an efficient manner.
- Proficient in basic computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- General knowledge of fax, copiers, calculators.
- Able to demonstrate ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to patients served including staff, MHCD consumers, and the public.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, driving, and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.