As a Security focused Backend Engineer at Phantom, you will be at the forefront of creating innovative solutions for our users. Your primary role will be developing, implementing, and maintaining the Phantom Authentication & Seedless Recovery systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the design and product teams to design and develop secure, resilient, and user-friendly features.
- Working closely with our security team to ensure the applications comply with the highest security standards.
- Participating in code reviews to maintain high-quality code
- Building and maintaining a robust seedless recovery process
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest security best practices and integrating them into our systems
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of backend development, with a particular focus on security. Proficiency in Typescript and Node.js is a must. Previous experience in a security-focused role would be an advantage. The candidate should also have excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
This role is fully remote; however, we’re only open to candidates based in US and EU time zones. Currently, Phantom cannot support employees from the following countries and continents: Russia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Asia, Oceania, and Africa.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement secure backend solutions for Phantom Authentication.
- Architect and implement robust authentication mechanisms, including OAuth flow integration.
- Expertise in Typescript/Node.js and advanced knowledge of cryptography
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies in backend security.
- Relevant knowledge of modern web and mobile app security landscape, authentication, real-world attacks and mitigations.
- Ability to ship code using test-driven development
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Awareness of engineering best practices
- Problem-solving skills, an analytical mindset and good judgment
- Self-starter with a desire to expand knowledge and skills
- Blockchain expertise.
- Previous experience working on OAuth/OIDC/MPC/SSS or any relevant technologies.
- Previous experience working with Application Security Engineering teams.
- You’re a Phantom user!
Why Work with Us
We are a team of experienced builders with a ton of traction in a big and growing market – our users are so passionate they were hacking their way into our private beta. We've acquired millions of users in our 2+ years and are adding more every week. We are by far the leading wallet on Solana, and have recently expanded onto other chains including Ethereum.
On top of that, there has never been a better time to work in crypto and on wallets in particular.
- Wallets play a pivotal role: Wallets are responsible for on-boarding new users into crypto, and can make or break the user experience.
- We are moving to a multi-chain world: New blockchains and scaling solutions are coming online and gaining traction, but are lacking decent wallets and bridges.
- DeFi & NFTs are exploding : Interest in DeFi and NFTs has exploded, yet they are still an after-thought in existing wallets.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it!)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Wellness benefit
- Daily lunch benefit
The target base salary for this role will range between $180,000 to $230,000 with the addition of equity and benefits. This is determined by a few factors including your skillset, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews and market factors (such as location) at the point in time of offer.