Our crypto wallet is used by millions of people to access apps and financial services built on the Solana blockchain. As a web3 engineer at Phantom, you’ll be doing everything from creating delightful user experiences, contributing to cross-platform client infrastructure, and crafting web3 developer SDKs. You will have the opportunity to grow as a wise architect and developer, executing complex development roadmaps from inception to deployment. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to ensure the successful implementation, testing, and deployment of applications.
Join us on our mission to make the digital economy safe and easy to use for everyone.
This role is fully remote; however, we’re only open to candidates based in US and EU time zones. Currently, Phantom cannot support employees from the following countries and continents: Russia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Asia, Oceania, and Africa.
- Design, Develop & Maintain high-performance crypto wallet supporting Solana and EVM blockchains.
- Collaborate with product managers to innovate, architect, and develop user-facing products and features.
- Scope and estimate complex projects at the feature level and work closely with designers and fellow engineers to execute implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Envision and develop innovative features to help build new web3 use cases.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and drive team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor and guide team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Build applications and services that power new and exciting products in the crypto wallet space.
- 5 or more years of experience in software engineering
- Expertise in Node.js, React/React Native, and basic knowledge of encryption and cryptography
- Preferably, a project shipped to mainnet using Solidity
- Ability to ship code using test-driven development
- Ability to build modern React frontends, transforming Figma designs into functional components
- Proficiency in CSS
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Awareness of engineering best practices
- Problem-solving skills, an analytical mindset, and good judgment
- Self-starter with a desire to expand knowledge and skills
Why Work with Us
We are a team of experienced builders with a ton of traction in a big and growing market – our users are so passionate they were hacking their way into our private beta. Only months after launching we've acquired millions of users, and are adding hundreds of thousands every week. We are by far the leading wallet on Solana, and plan to expand to other chains soon.
On top of that, there has never been a better time to work in crypto and on wallets in particular.
- Wallets play a pivotal role: Wallets are responsible for on-boarding new users into crypto, and can make or break the user experience.
- We are moving to a multi-chain world: New blockchains and scaling solutions are coming online and gaining traction, but are lacking decent wallets and bridges.
- DeFi & NFTs are exploding : Interest in DeFi and NFTs has exploded, yet they are still an after-thought in existing wallets.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered.
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need.
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment.
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense.
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it).
- 401(k) retirement plan (although we are not matching at this time)
- Wellness benefit
- Daily lunch benefit
The target base salary for this role will range between $180,000 to $250,000 with the addition of equity and benefits. This is determined by a few factors including your skillset, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews and market factors (such as location) at the point in time of offer.