As the Head of People, you will champion our commitment to invest in the development of our current team and future talent. We believe success lies in our people and this role helps to drive those efforts across our orgs. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our business strategy with our people strategy and using data to develop best practices. You will directly shape our culture and drive the growth, development, and retention of Phantom’s outstanding global team. You will be responsible for building and constantly innovating Phantom’s People function and own our end-to-end employee experience.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and key thought partner to the executive team on all people and cultural matters.
- Be a part of Phantom’s annual and quarterly operational planning process and drive the company’s organizational design as we grow.
- Build our international compensation and benefits programs, including salary bands, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy across the globe. Keep a continuous pulse on the competitive landscape.
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to managers and leaders in the organization(s) you’ll support on all things people-related, such as performance management & coaching, employee relations, leveling processes, and organizational development.
- Partner with recruiting to develop and implement a people strategy by anticipating future talent needs, recruitment forecasts, succession planning, and retention planning for critical positions.
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs and ensure we are building healthy orgs that are ready to grow with the business
- Champion diversity and inclusion across the organization; build a diverse team, foster an inclusive culture through recruiting, training, and policies.
- 7+ years experience including leadership experience within a People Operations or HR function in a rapidly scaling startup.
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, employee relations, policy writing & compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills, and experience supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management and collaboration skills with a proven ability to balance shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience dealing with international HR policies.
The target base salary for this role will range between $245,000 to $300,000 with the addition of equity and benefits. This is determined by a few factors including your skillset, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews and market factors at the point in time of offer.
Why Work with Us
We are a team of experienced builders with a ton of traction in a big and growing market – our users are so passionate they were hacking their way into our private beta. Only months after launching we've acquired millions of users, and are adding hundreds of thousands every week. We are by far the leading wallet on Solana, and plan to expand to other chains soon.
On top of that, there has never been a better time to work in crypto and on wallets in particular.
- Wallets play a pivotal role: Wallets are responsible for on-boarding new users into crypto, and can make or break the user experience.
- We are moving to a multi-chain world: New blockchains and scaling solutions are coming online and gaining traction, but are lacking decent wallets and bridges.
- DeFi & NFTs are exploding : Interest in DeFi and NFTs has exploded, yet they are still an after-thought in existing wallets.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered.
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need.
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment.
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense.
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it).
- 401(k) retirement plan (although we are not matching at this time)
- Wellness benefit
- Daily lunch benefit