Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation.
The world today is filled with static, monolithic infrastructure. Factories, power plants, buildings, etc. operate the same they've operated for decades — because the controls programming is hard-coded. Thousands of lines of rules and heuristics that define how the machines interact with each other. The result of all this hard-coding is that facilities are frozen in time, unable to adapt to their environment while their performance slowly degrades.
Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for the industrial sector, enabling industrial facilities to automatically learn and improve over time. Specifically:
- We use reinforcement learning algorithms to provide this intelligence, converting raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
Our team has a track record of applying AI to some of the toughest problems. From achieving superhuman performance with DeepMind's AlphaGo, to reducing the energy required to cool Google's Data Centers by 40%, we deeply understand AI and how to apply it in production for massive impact.
Phaidra is based in the USA but 100% remote; we do not have a physical office. We hire employees internationally with the help of our partner, OysterHR. Our team is currently located throughout the USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and India.
Phaidra is looking for a senior leader to act as the Data Center Industry Leader and subject matter expert. DC Industry Leader will work closely with account management and leadership to build relationships with key data center customer executives, execute on a sales strategy with primary responsibility to meet or exceed Phaidra revenue, margin and customer satisfaction targets.
- Lead team to refine Phaidra’s data center strategy to quickly penetrate the data center market and establish Phaidra as the industry leader in the application of AI to create autonomous control systems for data center cooling.
- Lead efforts to refine Phaidra’s understanding and communication of the different value propositions delivered by Phaidra.
- Work closely with the Customer Success teams to refine the DC strategy and help prioritize Objectives and Key Results (OKRs); hiring, training, and developing a world-class team.
- Work closely with Product Management to inform roadmap and facilitate direct interaction between customers and product management.
- Have primary responsibility to deliver or exceed revenue and margin targets.
- Extensive experience in the data center industry with deep understanding of data center cooling
- Extensive network of close relationships with senior operational executives in data center industry with an emphasis on those with responsibility for making decisions regarding data center cooling
- Deep understanding of industrial control and automation systems used in data centers. Ability to speak to technical customers in their language
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with senior operational executives in data center businesses, and in leveraging those relationships to close large deals and drive meaningful revenue
- The ability to build strong strategic relationships for Phaidra with target data centers operators as foundation to drive current revenue and to work together on future use cases.
- Empathy, humility, and listening skills
- Ability to move quickly and iterate
- Ability to remain calm, collected, action-oriented, and strategic during high stress and ambiguous situations
- A strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support
- Ability to communicate well with individuals, teams, partners and at industry level events
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Strong proficiency in working with industrial operations teams and contributing to solving field operations related problems and challenges
- Passion for problem solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve repeat problems
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex domain specific concepts to non-domain experts and also explain AI and ML specific concepts to non-AI/ML specific customers
- Ability to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into coherent needs documentation for use by the product management and software development teams
- Shares Phaidra’s company values: transparency, collaboration, agility, ownership, and empathy
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 10 years minimum experience in data center industry
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Background leveraging data and analytics in decision making
- Experience working with cross functional teams and in a matrix environment to achieve company objectives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally, unprecedented
- Experience using scrum and agile methodologies
In your first 30 days...
- You will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to Phaidra and our product.
- You will spend time with the product, engineering and research teams and become familiar with the people, the organization and the product we are developing.
- You will learn how the teams operate, interact, and approach problems.
- You will read various parts of our handbook and familiarize yourself with the documentation culture at Phaidra.
- You will work with the CSO to become familiar with our “elephant hunting” sales strategy.
- You will work with the CSO and CEO to understand which customers best fit our solution and our sales strategy.
- You make the first introductions to customers based on your work with the CSO and CEO and participate in meetings with those customers.
By your first 60 days...
- You will have a solid understanding of what Phaidra does and how we do it.
- You will have met with team members across Phaidra and started building relationships that will help you be successful at your job.
- You will have a good understanding of our technology, strategy and research tracks, which allowed you to participate in customer meetings and help us evolve our product roadmap, refine our sales strategy and build relationship and progress towards pilots with customers you have introduced us to.
- You will continue to work with the CSO and CEO to make new introductions and participate in driving engagement with Phaidra’s data center customers.
By your first 90 days...
- You will have been fully integrated in the team and with team members across the company.
- You will have started to contribute to knowledge sharing throughout Phaidra.
- Your project is in full swing and you might have some early results already.
- You will be taking a leadership position in customer relationships and driving account strategy.
- You will work with all team members to help the Phaidra team build relationships with data center customers.
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a 100% remote company with a digital nomad policy.
- Competitive compensation & equity with an early exercise option.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (exact benefits vary by region).
- Unlimited paid time off, with a minimum of 20 days off per year requirement.
- Paid parental leave (exact benefits vary by region).
- Home office setup stipend and company MacBook.
- Monthly internet reimbursement.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers - like Gitlab - for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation-first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and video chat. Most teams meet daily, and we have dedicated all-hands meetings bi-weekly to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events once per month - and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We have a yearly in-person, all-company summit in locations like Seattle, Athens, Goa, and Barcelona.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome diversity and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance with completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Job Applicants – Collection of Personal Information
(For California Residents Only)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to inform job applicants about the categories of personal information we may collect and the reasons for collecting it. This Notice only applies to California residents.
The purpose of collecting personal information about you is to inform us during your job application process. Through the course of your application, we may collect some or all of the following categories of personal information about you.
- Identifiers such as your legal name, aliases, mailing address, unique personal identifiers, email address, and other demographic information.
- Electronic activity information such as information submitted through our job application process including professional social media profiles and other related information you may provide.
- Geolocation data such as where you are accessing the website from.
- Professional and employment-related information such as your job employment history, your education, your references, and other employment-related information provided during the hiring process.
- Pre-employment test results including background checks.
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, or disability status.
The company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
For questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact email@example.com.
Phaidra participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization database provided through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). As required by law, we will provide the SSA and, if necessary, the DHS, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization for those residing in the United States.
Additional information about E-Verify can be found here.