QuartzBio (www.quartz.bio) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions provider to the life sciences industry. We deliver innovative, data enabling technologies (i.e., software) that provide biotech/pharma (R&D) teams with enterprise-level access to sample/biomarker data management solutions & analytics, information, insight & reporting capabilities.
Our end-to-end (from sample collection to biomarker data) suite of solutions are focused on providing sponsors information (data with context) – we do this by connecting biospecimen, assay as well as clinical data sources in a secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless, automated data management workflows, key insight development, improved collaboration, and the ability to make faster, more informed decisions.
The Software Engineer II provides programming and informatics services in support of development, maintenance and testing of Precision’s cutting-edge Biomarker Data Management platform QuartzBio working with an inter-disciplinary team.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Create source code to enhance functionality and usability of web-based user interface
- Develop automated / dynamic processing pipelines for complex data powered by a cloud-based infrastructure
- Manage platform specific help desk requests
- Work independently on moderately complex tasks with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and contribute to resolution of complex tasks
- Develop documentation and data specifications
- Perform source code validation and application testing
- Participate in research and development activities as appropriate
- Contribute to the advancement of Precision’s technology-based services in Biomarker Data Management and Translational Informatics
- Other duties as assigned
- Programming languages: Python and/or R
- Other required:
- Experience in AI / ML techniques, tools, and applications
- Build and maintain scalable infrastructure to support the deployment of machine learning models in production.
- Create applications of AI/ML to support interpretation of model results to make data-driven decisions.
- Up-to-date experience with the latest machine learning and growth-related technologies and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in software development or relevant field
- Experience with implementing automated workflows
- Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment
- Proficiency in R or Python or related programming language
- Experience with DevOps
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
- Extended work hours may be required to meet business demands
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Master’s or PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biology or related field
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with cloud-based solutions such as Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services providers
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with source code management systems such as git
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.