Performs routine immunological, molecular and cellular assay based assay services for government and commercial clients. Reliably performs services such as cell culture and bioassays such as luciferase-based neutralizing antibody assays involving virus transduction, serial dilution matrix for controls and serum samples and read out on a multi-mode spectrophotometer using (BioTek or Molecular Devices) using Gen5 or Softmax software and analyzing data in Prism and Excel. May also perform critical reagent production, human primary cell isolations, cultivation, ELISA, ELISpot assays and other related cell based assays. Duties also include recording and reporting results, preparation of samples and solutions, and maintenance of equipment. Responsible for inventorying, processing and cryopreserving biological samples on assigned project(s).
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Maintains cell cultures, harvests and cryopreserves cells per SOPs
- Conducts immunological assays including NAb assay, as well as ELISA, ELISpot, MSD, etc.
- Independently plans and conducts bioassays various scales and for different customers
- Performs QC analyses (luciferase-based assays) to ensure that results meet specifications. Monitors assays and trouble shoots, as appropriate
- Performs research and development activities to support new product development. Performs new assay development as needed
- Assists Scientists to modify and re-optimize current assays or procedures to address changing technologies or the introduction of new assays
- Completes all paperwork completely and accurately for QA/QC and GLP purposes using Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and updates computer tracking systems, as required
- Operates equipment such as spectrophotometer, MSD plate reader and performs processes in accordance with SOPs
- Assists in the training of new and existing laboratory staff in accordance with SOPs.
- Drafts and/or edits SOPs as needed, to include validation documents for new equipment, new documents and other quality documents
- Evaluates opportunities for revision of SOPs and makes necessary recommendations to improve efficiency and quality
- Organizes data prior to submission. Ensures lab maintenance activities and equipment calibration is performed according to schedule.
- Plans for raw material requirements, maintenance of appropriate inventory of reagents and submission of purchase orders
- Maintains a clean and safe lab environment
- Carry out other duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences) with 2 years’ relevant laboratory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience with cell-based assays such as NAb, ELISpots or others
- Requires good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and willingness to work well in a group environment
- Ability to interact and function in a highly productive work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Must be proficient using Microsoft office, specifically with Excel
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Substantial cell culture experience, previous work with primary cells
- Prior experience in a GLP or GMP environment
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.