The Senior Director, Operational Finance is responsible for leading, managing and developing Precision’s Financial Analyst team to deliver high quality and accurate financial project data and analytics in support of Precision’s business objectives while working with leaders across the
enterprise including Project Management, Functional Leads, Business Development, Finance, and Costing Teams throughout Precision for Medicine.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Lead the global team responsible for supporting the project teams financially throughout the life cycle of the project in an ERP environment which includes, but is not limited to advance invoicing, monthly invoicing, financial contract review, FTE Analyses, budget management, change order support, and client financial deliverables.
- Negotiate financial contract terms with the legal department and our clients, lead cross functional meetings, participate in client calls, and provide routine tracking and updates across the organization on invoicing, change orders, financial analyses, contractor analyses,
and ad-hoc analyses.
- Manage the overall financial project management process which encompasses partnering with all functional areas across the organization.
- An emphasis on standardization and continuous process improvements with respect to the financial services offering and associated document delivery to improve all elements of delivery. This includes, but not limited to presentation of the financial results, monthly
accruals, forecasting, change order analytics.
- Create and lead initiatives to ensure the continued development of the Financial Analyst Team.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and communicating monthly metrics and other KPIs to demonstrate effective management of the department’s workflows and processes.
- Provide monthly updates on invoicing, revenue, forecasting, team initiatives, and other project related developments which would potentially impact revenue, forecasting, backlog, etc.
- Actively participate in the contract and change order negotiations to ensure the integrity of Precision’s financial terms which mitigate financial risk and exposure.
- Partner with Project Management, functional leads and the Contract team in order to facilitate contract negotiations with business vendors and other service providers.
- Partner with the Directors of Project Management and other cross-functional teams in order to form a Cross-Functional Committee that meets routinely to evaluate current state in order to continuously increase the efficiencies of operations.
- 4 year college degree, ideally in a business, scientific or healthcare discipline
- 13-15 years or more in the CRO industry, preferably with corporate management experience.
- Proven track record of leading a global financial project management team in support or clients and internal customers.
- Direct supervisory or experience managing people.
- Domestic and international travel including overnight stays as needed.
MBA (or other graduate degree) or CPA preferred
- Demonstrated success in supporting the project month-end close in a dynamic and global environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to set and achieve objectives in the execution of the programs and tasks to which they have been assigned.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to handle and deliver on multiple priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail as it relates to the financial attributes of all areas of a project’s financial life cycle in order to enhance the accuracy and timeliness of the invoicing, project analytics, standardization, project set up, and actionable monthly metrics.
- Solution-oriented and ability to creatively solve challenging customer requests and financially related business challenges/opportunities
- Proven ability to apply organizational development/change management methods to transform the organization and continuously upskill the teams
- Resolves company and project related problems and prioritize workload to meet the team’s internal and external client deadlines
- Exhibits high self-motivation, and is able to work and plan independently as well as in a team environment
- Motivates other members of the company to meet timelines and project goals
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, as evidenced by ability to deliver on commitments, an understanding of the service culture and positive interactions with customers and teammates, including good interpersonal skills in the areas of diplomacy and
- Identifies training needs for direct reports and develop training plans to address those needs
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to a wide variety of audiences including colleagues, investigative staff, and clients with a high level of proficiency
- Ability to work within a project team, focused on setting objectives, tracking progress, and other project leadership responsibilities
- Possesses an understanding of financial management and contract financial management
- Ability to assess and quantify risks to the change order service delivery, both internal and external
- Demonstrates mastery knowledge of projects life cycle
- Excellent communication skills required to articulate potential risks to senior management through the completion of study
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills needed to recommend corrective action
- Focuses on continuous improvement, including the ability to make proactive assessments on how to make processes more efficient and people more effective
- Possesses practical knowledge of IT tools and systems in use on project team
- Ability to lead strategic initiatives in order to further corporate objectives
- Ability to manage staff, collaborate with departments across the organization, handle multiple priorities at once, and able to navigate through and across a growing global organization
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.