Associate Senior Software Engineer-Systems

Petuum, Inc. seeks an Associate Senior Software Engineer-Systems in Pittsburgh, PA responsible for developing next-generation software systems and platforms for Petuum’s cutting-edge AI/ML solutions. Specific duties of this position will include: (i) building and productizing AI/ML software platforms, including writing software specifications (using Python, C/C++ and Go); (ii) optimizing AI/ML workloads, including matching software structures to hardware platforms, determining server system requirements, and defining system performance monitoring and control tools; (iii) developing highly scalable/available distributed software systems for use in AI and ML technology solutions/platforms; (iv) providing technical expertise and recommending software system modification based on product requirements and in collaboration with product and business development managers through the engineering lifecycle (i.e., design, development, and software testing); and (v) keeping abreast of latest ML and AI trends and integrating deep learning models/inference modes into existing system platforms.

Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a directly related field.

Must have two (2) years of experience designing/developing software and building scalable systems. This experience must include two (2) years using each of the following: (i) Linux OS; (ii) C, Python, and Bash; (iii) RabbitMQ or Pulsar; and (iv) virtualization, hypervisor, or container technologies as well as one (1) year using PostgreSQL.

Apply at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/petuum.

Apply for this Job

* Required