Sales and Business Development Manager – Intelligent Automation
Team: New Frontiers
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Petuum is seeking a high-performing Business Development professional to work at the cutting-edge of our AI Automation solutions to solve complex business problems using the Petuum platform. Based on the list of products that we have; you will need to be able to engage with customers to identify business use cases where these products can be deployed rapidly. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, top notch communication skills, ability to adapt to changing customer conditions and strong implementation skills.
Using your creativity, business, and technical acumen in strategic sales, business development, pre-sales, you will be responsible for selling Petuum AI Automation solutions to prospective customers. Preferred candidates are willing to work out of our Sunnyvale, CA office.
As Business Development – AI Automation you will be responsible for:
- Building a revenue pipeline by cold prospecting and leveraging your professional network to secure meetings and uncover business needs, and work with other business development members to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and expand customers.
- Implementing and executing effective sales and services strategies in order to meet and exceed their targets.
- Identifying accounts with high "close" potential, qualifying opportunities, developing pipeline and exceeding sales revenue targets.
- Providing regular reporting, forecasting, tracking of sales activities demonstrating opportunities progress, and for pipeline growth.
- Collaborating with solution principals, marketing, product management and other Petuum teams to develop industry use-cases, demos and solution briefs.
- Driving discussion about Petuum Industrial AI solution capabilities at the CxO level as well as with champions, operational management, digital transformation, and procurement teams.
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts.
- Following up with customers regularly to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- You will be very hands-on with a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, top notch communication skills, and the ability to adapt to changing customer conditions.
- The ideal candidate will be able to clearly present technical and abstract concepts in an easy to understand manner. You should be able to work in a fast-paced GTM environment and be goal-oriented.
- You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary. You are very comfortable in discussing and presenting to both at the customer executives and at the plant engineer level.
- Bachelor’s degree; advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience building enterprise applications or in an enterprise technical sales support role.
- Experience in working with customers to develop or deploy new business solutions
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Ability and flexibility for frequent domestic travel to customer/prospect sites and field events (trade shows, seminars, etc.)
- Previous startup experience
- B2B experience
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.