Customer Success Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: We are seeking a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) who will work directly with our clients to help our customers build secure, high-quality software faster. As a CSE you will form and build customer relationships post the sales process and throughout the lifecycle of the services engagement, develop a deep knowledge of our products while serving as the primary point of contact for customers, and assume overall customer responsibility and escalation management. This involves understanding our customer’s needs and technical environment to integrate our platform into their daily workflow.
The CSE consults with clients to facilitate and optimize processes that enable solutions using our products. You will develop a trusted adviser relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure customers are leveraging our solution to achieve full business value. You will own all aspects of customer nurturing, including driving engagement, maintaining overall customer satisfaction, and retention.
What You Will Do:
- Commission Petuum products into customer facilities by executing connection tests, model performance tests, and objective tests.
- Be the face of Petuum with the customer, maintain excellent customer relationships and build goodwill
- Constantly strategize, conceive, and execute internal processes to improve the Customer Success organization and our service offerings
- Identify areas for improvement or enhancement in both the product lines and the company functions as a whole
- Contribute to services requirement scoping, working closely with Engineering, Sales and other CSEs during a deployment lifecycle
- Handle & organize customer data by building python scripts
- Built customer facing analytical dashboards
- Stay current on technical specifications at Petuum
- Highly responsible individual who can work independently and with minimal supervision
- Onboarding of new accounts into the Petuum deployment and support processes
- Customer enablement ranging from formal training to constant efforts driving self-sufficiency within your assigned accounts
- L1-L3 Customer Support for products deployed in customer production environment
- Regular travel (30+%) to customer sites is required.
What You’ve Already Done: Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and/or Chemistry. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- 4+ years of technical engineering experience or relevant experience in a customer facing role.
- Understanding of machine learning and statistics (IQR, MRE)
- Calm demeanor and extraordinary customer-facing communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills focusing on step-by-step instructions
- Experience working with enterprise customers and customer cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to prioritize activities, set objectives, and meet milestones.
- Communicating proactively and reactively with stakeholders and teammates to minimize future barriers
- Experience working with programming languages (Python) and understanding of one or more scripting languages.
- Experience in query languages and database schemas/structures (Postgres, Pulsar)
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills
- analytical troubleshooting using debugging tools (Prometheus) and logs (Kibana) to triage production issues
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, upholding the voice of the customer.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.