Software Engineering Manager – Machine Learning
Team: Product Line
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We create AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Solutions Division is aimed at addressing the needs of any given business within a discernible vertical market (specific industry or market). While horizontal market software can be useful to a wide array of industries (such as word processors or spreadsheet programs), vertical market software is developed for and customized to a specific industry's needs.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership and directions, balancing short- and long-term technology investments.
- Provide leadership in architecting and implementing technical infrastructure.
- Facilitate the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review as well as code review external to developmental team).
- Champion and ensure adherence to development strategy, standards, policies, tools, and procedures during all phases of the development life cycle.
- Partner with the business and project teams to understand requirements and project goals, and then use this information to effectively plan and lead the development process.
- Provide implementation/product support as required.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degreein Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 5+ years of previous software engineering and technical leadership experience.
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting excellent engineers and building a strong technical benchmark.
- Strong knowledge of agile scrum practices and experience in using those methods to deliver complex software.
- Hands-on programming experience in at least one of the following: C/C++, Go, or Python.
- Startup experience is a plus
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.