Team: Advanced Data Processing
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
The ADP team is responsible for the data refinery infrastructure that fuels the AI/ML models developed on Petuum’s platform product. We are extending our system with more data sources and in more formats as well as with more data transformations. Particularly, we distinguish our offering with AI/Model based transformations to enable fast and comprehensive data understanding and automatic data processing, and eventually to power user friendly experience. You will work with a cross-functional team of world-class UX designers, software engineers and AL/ML scientists to enable use cases for our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Drive for key results as an individual contributor
- Work with team members to implement features
- Follow team engineering process and contribute to the development of sound engineering infrastructure
- Maintain high-quality code base which is well factored, performant and robust
- Be able to learn and grow in a dynamic and fast growing start up environment
- Be familiar with the mainstream data processing and AI/ML technologies
- Minimal travel to various locations to support the Petuum’soverall mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 0-4 + years of work experience.
- 2-4 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Java, C#, or C++.
- Experience with data processing, machine learning, and building scalable products or services.
- Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, or ML lib for production or commercial products in the areas such as: machine learning recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or AI.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Java, Python, C# (in lieu of Java). Experience with SQL, Bash/Shell, C++, R, or Scala is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: Spark, Hadoop. Experience with TensorFlow, Torch/PyTorch, Samza, Caffe, or Storm is a plus.
- Databases: Experience with SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle, AWS Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure Storage, Google Cloud Storage, Cassandra, IBM Db2, Amazon Redshift, Apache Hive, or Google BigQuery is a plus.
- Platforms: Experience with Windows Desktop/Server, Openstack/GCS/AWS, Firebase, Azure, Google Cloud Platform/App Engine, or IBM Cloud or Watson is a plus.
- Tools: Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Flink, Hadoop, or Kafka is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.