IT Support Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Assist employees with Mac + Linux-based support, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Assist company in the development of minor website updates involving technologies such as (but not limited to) HTML, CSS and Wordpress.
- Create, implement, and maintain security and compliance initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain cloud-based network management (i.e. Cisco Meraki)
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking needs.
- Walk employees through installing applications and computer peripherals with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems as they arise.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Escalate unresolved technical support issues to the IT manager.
- Follow up with employees to ensure their systems are functional.
- Report employee feedback and potential product requests.
- Help create user documentation and manuals as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- You have 2-5+ years of proven work experience as an IT Support professional, Technical Support specialist or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals (e.g. printers and scanners).
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
- Ability to perform local and remote troubleshooting while providing clear instructions.
- Background within Enterprise Devise Management (e.g. Meraki, JAMF, Airwatch).
- Experience in managing inventory control.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.