Petuum is seeking a high-performing AI Solutions Business Development professional to work at the cutting-edge of our Industrial IoT solutions business to solve complex and distributed IoT business problems using the Petuum platform. You will be required to design and implement advanced application solutions, deploy existing Petuum IoT product suite applications, and work with Petuum engineering and solutions team to build new state-of-the-art solutions on Petuum IoT platform. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, top notch communication skills, ability to adapt to changing customer conditions and strong implementation skills.
Using your leadership, technical and business acumen and years of industry experience in strategic sales, business development, product and service management, you will be responsible for selling Petuum Industrial AI solution to prospective customers within your target territory, target industries and target accounts within Industrial Sector.
As AI Business Development – Industrial you will be responsible for:
- Building a revenue pipeline by cold prospecting and leveraging your professional network to secure meetings and uncover business needs, and work with other sales team members to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and expand customers.
- Implementing and executing effective sales and services strategies in order to meet and exceed their targets.
- Identifying accounts with high "close" potential, qualifying opportunities, developing pipeline and exceeding sales revenue targets.
- Providing regular reporting, forecasting, tracking of sales activities demonstrating opportunities progress, and for pipeline growth.
- Working with Petuum Industrial AI pre-sales solution architects, marketing and field service engineers for consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, and guide prospective customers into effective Petuum Industrial AI solutions for pilots, and operationalization.
- Collaborating with solution principals, marketing, product management and other Petuum teams to develop industry use-cases, demos and solution briefs.
- Driving discussion about Petuum Industrial AI solution capabilities at the CxO level as well as with champions, operational management, digital transformation, and procurement teams.
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts.
- Following up with customers regularly to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- You will be very hands-on with a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, top notch communication skills, and the ability to adapt to changing customer conditions.
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree with a strong background in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and be able to clearly present abstract concepts in an easy to understand manner. You should be able to work in a fast-paced GTM environment and be goal-oriented.
- You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary. You are very comfortable in discussing and presenting to both at the customer executives and at the plant engineer level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field); advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience building enterprise applications or in an enterprise technical sales support role.
- Experience with manufacturing and IIoT software tools like OSIsoft PI System, AspenTech IP.21, Honeywell PHD, and other MES and historians.
- Experience in working with customers to develop or deploy new business solutions
- Experience with relational databases (any vendor)
- Experience with development or implementation of enterprise and/or cloud software; machine learning or IIoT preferred.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Ability and flexibility for frequent domestic travel to customer/prospect sites and field events (trade shows, seminars, etc.)
- Previous startup experience
- Programming experience.
- PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and business intelligence/analytics implementation experience are a plus
- Previous experience with customer deployment of PI System for advanced analytics at Manufacturing, Utilities and Industrial IoT customers.
- Domain expertise in certain key industries (Oil & Gas, Utilities, Process and Discrete Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Industrial IoT) is a strong plus
- SAP and Maximo experience.
Petuum welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $108 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out at http://www.petuum.com/.