Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack – New Frontiers
Team: New Frontiers
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Build fast and robust software for distributed AI/ML including: intuitive user interfaces, high-performance distributed systems and highly-available cloud services.
- Work together with multiple teams to deliver a series of next generation AI/ML products.
- Familiar with the latest trends in cloud computing, distributed systems and machine learning.
- Architect, design, and implement Front End UI and related services.
- Write efficient, reusable, testable frontend and backend components and services delivered as Docker container images.
- Adopt clear understanding of AI & ML concepts and workflows.
- Lead development of features with multi-functional teams including product managers and designers.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Deep understanding of componentized MVC architecture (and its variations) in modern SPA frameworks.
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture, version control, and CI/CD process.
- Experience leading the development of full-stack UI and services for production software.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Frameworks/Libraries: Django, MVC, Flask, jQuery. Experience with Angular v2+ is a plus.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB. SQL Server is a plus.
- Platforms: Linux, Windows Desktop or Server, Azure, Google Cloud Platform/App Engine. AWS and Mac OS is a plus.
- Tools: Bootstrap, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.